Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Quiet Time

I have started a new Bible Study this summer...

Six Secrets to a Powerful Quiet Time
Discovering Radical Intimacy with God
by Catherine Martin
This is a 30 day journey to help you transform your quiet time & your prayer time and help it to become a time of deep interaction with God.
My goal is to have a deeper connection with the Lord, to be consistent with when I have my quiet time, to develop better knowledge of my Bible & to have an open heart to what the Lord desires of me. This morning I set the alarm to get up, hopefully, a good 30 minutes before I thought the boys would wake. I ACTUALLY got up ! I almost had the entire time to myself, Matthew came and joined my ending prayer, but at least I was able to do my reading, reflect on what I read and the biggest thing was that I started my day in prayer and in the Word. So many times I have tried to do this, reading over and over that a day started in prayer is the best way to start the day. I am not a morning person, so this was a big thing for me. My prayer is that this 30 journey will get me into the routine of making this morning time my Quiet Time.

No comments: