Sunday, July 19, 2009

2 Great Reads !

I LOVE to read ! I have enjoyed reading since I was a little girl and it has grown into "I love to read" now that I am older.
The 2 newest books on my list of must reads are :

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ~ At first it was a little hard to get into since it goes back and forth between characters, but once you get into it you can't put it down. I finished the last 200 pages or so in about 3 hours ! This is a story of a girl and her family and dealing with a child's illness. It is an interesting read by a great author. Now I am excited to go and see the movie with some friends.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah ~ This was another book that I couldn't put down. I read it while on my recent trip to New Zealand. Each night I would read a chapter or two..but then found myself staying up later and later each night as I couldn't put it down. The last night when I finished it, I was up until around 1:30 am NZ time which is 6:30 am in CA ! That's how much I wanted to read it! This is a good story of 2 friends lives over a span of about 3 decades. If you get a chance to read it, you won't be sorry.

I hope you find my suggestions helpful. I have to thank my Mother in Law for lending me these books. She is always reading a new book and has recommend several to me. Even better, I get to borrow them when she is done. I love book exchanges, they are a great way to expand your library and find a new story to fall into.

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Read Sister's Keeper a few years ago...great book. Be warned...I heard they changed the ending in the movie. Haven't read the other book you mentiond yet...will have to add it to my list!