Saturday, August 1, 2009

Crockpot Burritos Recipe

I have a dear friend, who lives far away now, that gave me this great little crock pot cookbook one year as a gift. She knows as a busy mom herself what a life savor crock pots can be. I use ours quite often in the winter for beef stew, pot roast with all the trimmings inside, spaghetti & meatballs but in the summer I find I don't use it as much. Not sure why..It has always felt like a winter cooker to me.
Well with swim lessons this past week and the next week yet to come, I have changed my mind ! It has become my wonderful helper yet again, as we have lessons just before dinner, it is nice to come home to 90% of the meal ready to go.
The cookbook title is "101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker" by Stephanie Ashcraft and Janet Eyring. It has some wonderful dishes inside that I'll be sure and share more this fall.

Here is the recipe..I hope you enjoy it..we sure did !

1 pound ground beef, cooked & drained
2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
flour tortillas

Combine all ingredients except tortillas in greased 3 1/2 -5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low hear 6-10 hours. Spread hot bean mixture on flour tortillas. Fill with favorite burrito toppings. Fold and enjoy.
Makes 4-6 servings.

Thank you Ny for this great gift ! We are using it and enjoying it !

1 comment:

The Brooks Family said...

We tried this and it was a big hit at our house and love the crock pot recipies for nights that we have swim and soccer so post some more lol! Thanks Angelique