Thursday, January 15, 2009

Memory Verse

I thought of a new goal for 2009..to help my boys memorize some verses of the Bible. I would love for our children to know the stories of the Bible well and verses too. We read from their picture Bible regularly and also from Ryan's new devotional Bible, but I got to thinking that it would be great to start to learn some verses as well. I know that Matthew might be too young to remember them just yet..but if we get in the habit of saying them weekly, then they are bound to have something sink in.
Here is the verse we have chosen to start with :

"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs." Psalm 100 : 2

This seemed fitting for us this week..the boys are having a blast singing Bible songs..so we learn a verse about praising and singing to the Lord at the same time.

No comments: