Sunday, December 7, 2008

Birthday Party




My son had his 5th birthday party this weekend. What a fun event this was..we went to Chuck E. Cheese. I had told myself that I would not let my kids ever have a party there, because the one I grew up around was not the best place..dirty..messy..too many kids. Well, Ryan really wanted to have it there and the more I thought about it, the better it started to sound. I wouldn't have to have my home ready for some 20 people to be there. I wouldn't have to be up all night cleaning and getting games ready. In fact I was ready and all set to go at around 10pm the night before which is well before I am usually ready for these events.
I always make the cake or cupcakes for my boys the night before and try and decorate it to go with the theme of the party. This year was no exception. Ryan was having a Transformers party..but I am not well equipped to make an Optimus Prime..so I put the Autobot symbol on the top with his favorite colors and he LOVED it!! Really that's all that matters, is my son being happy.
As you can see..the cake turned out..Ryan had a blast at the party..the day was a great success!! Now I just need to prepare myself for the 21st when he turns 5 and try not to cry to much at the thought of my little baby growing up too fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake look great Mom! Wish we could have been there too! Love you all. Ny